Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

fsimage missing quota information

Solved Go to solution

fsimage missing quota information

New Contributor

All,

I would like to generate a list of all HDFS directories for which a quota has been set, and report the quota size.

I have used dfs -count successfully from the command line - the shortcoming is, it is expensive, and running it recursively on every folder of a large HDFS Production cluster is probably not a good idea.

I tried a different approach using fsimage, and oiv to Delimited format. However, the namespace quota and diskspace quota values are consistently -1, 0 or blank. I cannot seem to get the quota value anywhere.

If you have pointers to why this is happening, or an alternative approach to achieve this, I'd love to hear it :)

Kindest regards,

-Regis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: fsimage missing quota information

New Contributor

My bad, the example pig script in the apache example assumed that quota is int - in my case, it's a long. changing the type fixed the issue.

1 REPLY 1

Re: fsimage missing quota information

New Contributor

My bad, the example pig script in the apache example assumed that quota is int - in my case, it's a long. changing the type fixed the issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here