Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

has the pattern of HDPCD certification exam changed?

Contributor

Hi, Can someone help to understand if pattern of HDPCD certification has been changed or its still same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Neeraj Joshi

Currently, HDPCD is completely exercise based exam where you will be given tasks from Hive, Pig, Sqoop and Flume with proper instructions on what is expected out of each task, where is the input located, where must you direct the output etc.

Refer HDPCD Exam Objectives to aid you in your preparation.

I wrote the exam yesterday and I feel the practice exam on AWS was of great help to get me a feel of the actual exam pattern and environment.

Best of luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Neeraj Joshi

Currently, HDPCD is completely exercise based exam where you will be given tasks from Hive, Pig, Sqoop and Flume with proper instructions on what is expected out of each task, where is the input located, where must you direct the output etc.

Refer HDPCD Exam Objectives to aid you in your preparation.

I wrote the exam yesterday and I feel the practice exam on AWS was of great help to get me a feel of the actual exam pattern and environment.

Best of luck.

Contributor

Thank you Dinesh

Super Collaborator

If you have tried practice exam on AWS after Feb 2016, the pattern for HDPCD is the same. Except there would be 7 tasks and each one of them are independent.

Yes this is correct.

Super Collaborator

HDP developer certification has 7 tasks to resolve in 2 hrs of time. It comprises of HDFS,HIVE, PIG, SQOOP, FLUME, SQOOP tasks. Please refer hortonwoorks website(http://hortonworks.com/training/certification/exam-objectives/#hdpcd)for the task objectives