Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hawq_toolkit.hawq_log_master_concise ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x88

Highlighted

hawq_toolkit.hawq_log_master_concise ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x88

New Contributor

I'm trying to use hawq_toolkit to find out more about our installation and usage:

# select * from hawq_toolkit.hawq_log_master_concise;
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x88
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
CONTEXT:  External table __hawq_log_master_ext, line 664 of file execute:cat $GP_SEG_DATADIR/pg_log/*.csv
ERROR:  external table __hawq_log_master_ext command ended with SHELL TERMINATED by signal SIGPIPE (13)
DETAIL:  Command: execute:cat $GP_SEG_DATADIR/pg_log/*.csv
$ file hawq-2016-08-08_160737.csv
hawq-2016-08-08_160737.csv: ASCII Pascal program text, with very long lines

I found this article on the error: https://community.pivotal.io/s/article/Command-Center-Error-External-Table-XXX-Command-Ended-with-SH...

I need some assistance with getting around this error, figuring out why the files are not in UTF-8 and how to prevent this from happening in the first place.