Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hbase Master doesn't perform well

hbase Master doesn't perform well

Expert Contributor

56436-hbase-master-down.png

I'm trying to start Hbase server (Master) which is on 2 master nodes on My cluster HDP 2.5 via Ambari 2.5,

he starts for a while and then he breaks down, I don't understand What's happen with him,

I checked out logs and this is what I found:

2018-01-23 14:02:31,935 ERROR [main] master.HMasterCommandLine: Master exiting
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Master: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.constructMaster(HMaster.java:2515)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:235)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:139)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:76)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:126)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:2529)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.bind(RpcServer.java:2529)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.<init>(RpcServer.java:591)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.<init>(RpcServer.java:1995)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.<init>(RSRpcServices.java:886)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.<init>(MasterRpcServices.java:230)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createRpcServices(HMaster.java:581)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.<init>(HRegionServer.java:540)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:411)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.constructMaster(HMaster.java:2510)
        ... 5 more

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: hbase Master doesn't perform well

Something is already bound to a port which the HBase Master is trying to bind. By default, this port is 16000. Inspect your system to find what is already running and using that port.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

thanks for reply @Josh Elser

I checked it out and it's just good:

56437-hbase-master-down-port.png

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@yassine sihi

Looks like the port is being utilized by some other process and hence HMaster is not able to bind to that port.

Please check the output of the following commadn to determine if any other PID (Process) is consuming any of the following port.

On HMaster Host:

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 16010
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 16000

If any other process is already using any of the mentioned port then please kill please check why is it using the port which is supposed to be used by HMaster.

The kill the process which is using this port (based on need) and then freshly try starting HMaster.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here