Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hdfs.KeyProviderCache: Could not find the uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a KeyProvider !! (Disable hive CLI to bring up beeline)

Highlighted

hdfs.KeyProviderCache: Could not find the uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a KeyProvider !! (Disable hive CLI to bring up beeline)

New Contributor

Hi ,

I have added few lines to hive-env file with the reference to the below link

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/44012/how-to-disable-hive-cli-for-all-the-users-by-enabl...

Connected to beeline thru backend submitted a query and it was executed successfully. but I could see the below error & warning

ERROR hdfs.KeyProviderCache: Could not find uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a keyProvider !!

Warn util.HeapMemorySizeUtil: hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperlimit is deprecated by hbase..regionserver.global.memstore.size .

Note : I have raised an incident against to "disable hive cli by bringing up beeline". Here is the response "If Hiveserver2 is down and hive CLI is disabled, then there will not be any way to connect to the Hive metastore."

Could someone please assist me on this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: hdfs.KeyProviderCache: Could not find the uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a KeyProvider !! (Disable hive CLI to bring up beeline)

Contributor

@Mintu or anyone, is this issue resolved?

For me I am facing that issue in NiFi.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here