Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

--hive-drop-import-delims parameter is not working

--hive-drop-import-delims parameter is not working

New Contributor

Using sqoop i am extracting data from teradata and loading in hive,in teradata there is only 100 rows but in hive i am seeing 110 rows ,some null values are loaded.when i reseach on this issue i came to know that issue is because of string columns in table and it will resolve by adding --hive-drop-import-delims parameter but i am getting below error when i add --hive-drop-import-delims parameter in sqoop job.Please help me on this issue

Error:

17/03/28 04:14:28 ERROR tool.BaseSqoopTool: Got error creating database manager: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Detected incompatible parameters: Unsupported parameter: --hive-drop-import-delims

at com.cloudera.connector.teradata.options.OptionsCompatibility.throwIllegalArgumentException(OptionsCompatibility.java:266)
at com.cloudera.connector.teradata.options.OptionsCompatibility.unsupportedArgument(OptionsCompatibility.java:262)
at com.cloudera.connector.teradata.options.OptionsCompatibility.check(OptionsCompatibility.java:84)
at com.cloudera.connector.teradata.TeradataManager.<init>(TeradataManager.java:78)
at com.cloudera.connector.teradata.TeradataManagerFactory.accept(TeradataManagerFactory.java:34)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: --hive-drop-import-delims parameter is not working

Champion

@manaa

According to this link: https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.1-incubating/SqoopUserGuide.html

These options should only be used if you use Hive’s default delimiters and should not be used if different delimiters are specified.

New Contributor

i am using only default delimeters .

Highlighted

New Contributor

Can you please post the code of how you are mentioning the default delimiters. There is an additional parameter you need to specify along witht the --hive-drop-import-delims. So post seeing the code we can provide a solution.