Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

hive is not working with HDP with Ambari

New Contributor

Hello, I have installed the HDP with Ambari 2.6.1. It mostly did everything automatically but Hive is unable to start properly.

I saw a post somewhere and I deleted the pid and killed the process as well in hope that I would restart it and it would work but now it's showing heartbeat lost on the machine.

Please guide me on what should I do?

I am listing the errors I got from ambari.

1.Hive Metastore:

Metastore on machine2.ambari.local failed (Traceback (mos&1| awk '{print}'|grep -i -e 'Connection refused' -e 'Invalid URL'' returned 1. Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://machine2.ambari.local:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0) Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://machine2.ambari.local:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0) )" data-bindattr-40693="40693"> Connection failed on host machine2.ambari.local:10000 (Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HIVE/0.12.0.2.0/package/alerts/alert_hive_thrift_port.py", line 212, in execute ldap_password=ldap_password) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/hive_check.py", line 81, in check_thrift_port_sasl timeou... t recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-servics/HIVE/0.12.0.2.0/package/alerts/alert_hive_metastore.py", line 203, in execute timeout_kill_strategy=TerminateStrategy.KILL_PROCESS_TREE, File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__ self.env.run() File "/

2. Hive Server2:

awk '{print}'|grep -i -e 'Connection refused' -e 'Invalid URL'' returned 1. Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://machine2.ambari.local:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0) Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://machine2.ambari.local:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0) )" data-bindattr-40693="40693"> Connection failed on host machine2.ambari.local:10000 (Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HIVE/0.12.0.2.0/package/alerts/alert_hive_thrift_port.py", line 212, in execute ldap_password=ldap_password) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/hive_check.py", line 81, in check_thrift_port_sasl timeou...

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

the error message 'Invalid URL' for the URL 'jdbc:hive2://machine2.ambari.local:10000' indicates that you have an error with the name 'machine2.ambari.local'.

• So check first if the machine 'machine2.ambari.local' is really the correct name.
  • If so, open a shell on the machine running Hive Metastore and check if the name 'machine2.ambari.local' get resolved correctly
  • if this is ok, check on machine2.ambari.local (in Ambari) if all services are ok on that node and provide a list of the services here.
Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.