Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hive replication is not working via falcon mirror

hive replication is not working via falcon mirror

Guru

When I am trying to replicate hive table via falcon mirror with the help of following article then I am getting below error. So can someone please help me to get it resolved.

http://ec2-52-89-10-2.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/articles/55382/hive-disaster-recovery-using-fa...

tried it once again for partition table but getting following error ? So can you please help me on this as well. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/grid05/hadoop/yarn/log/filecache/11/mapreduce.tar.gz/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation. SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory] Error: java.io.IOException: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://server1:10000/mirrortestdb;auth=delegationToken: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at org.apache.falcon.hive.mapreduce.CopyMapper.setup(CopyMapper.java:50) at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper.run(Mapper.java:143) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:787) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: hive replication is not working via falcon mirror

New Contributor

Hello Saurabh, Please share the HDP version you are using or the falcon version. Please have a check on that, is the Falcon service users in the sudo users list for HIVE and HDFS to perform the replication activity. Is the cluster Kerberised ?

As an alternative why not take a look at ReAir. Performs quite well.

Re: hive replication is not working via falcon mirror

New Contributor

It will work when you use the correct hive bootstrapping method.

The correct way to replicate any hive table is

hive -e “EXPORT TABLE TABLE_NAME TO ‘hdfs://BACKUP_CLUSTER:8020/hiveimport/' FOR replication('bootstrapping’)”