Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hiveserver2 crashing

hiveserver2 crashing

Master Collaborator

my proxy setup is fine between all nodes . Also I have defined the following variable s among others.

hadoop.proxyuser.hive.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts=*

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 303, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
ExecutionFailed: Execution of '! beeline -u 'jdbc:hive2://hadoop2.tolls.dot.state.fl.us:10000/;transportMode=binary'  -e '' 2>&1| awk '{print}'|grep -i -e 'Connection refused' -e 'Invalid URL'' returned 1. Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://hadoop2.tolls.dot.state.fl.us:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0)
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://hadoop2.tolls.dot.state.fl.us:10000/;transportMode=binary: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) (state=08S01,code=0)
)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: hiveserver2 crashing

Master Collaborator

in the hiveserver2 log file it was complaining about not having write access to the /tmp/hive folder . I fixed the issue as follows and now everything is up .

This should be a part of the pre-steps for HDC install , is there any such document which tells all pre steps ?

hdfs dfs -chmod ugo+rwx /tmp/hive
 1012  su - hdfs
 1013  chmod –R ug+rwx /tmp/hive
 1014  chmod  ugo+rwx /tmp/hive
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here