Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

hiveserver2 problem, beeline

hiveserver2 problem, beeline

New Contributor

the first time I test beeline commond(beeline -u jdbc:hive2://zte-1:10000/default -n hdfs -p 123), it can work as the following picture.(the command "hive --service metastore&;hive --service hiveserver2&;" should be used before)

8831-hive1.png

when i reboot the system, start the hiveserver2, and use the same commands, it generates the errors.

8832-hive2.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: hiveserver2 problem, beeline

can you check if ranger is up and running and please see which authoriser are you are using

New Contributor

ranger is always running, the first time it success, but the second time it failed, and now it can't success, its error is always saying "Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.HiveAuthzContext.getForwardedAddresses()Ljava/util/List; (state=,code=0)"

Master Collaborator

Is this a vanilla Apache Hive install? The recommendation is to run HiveServer2 with its own embedded metastore, so you would start HiveServer2 as

hive --service hiveserver2 -hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=' '

New Contributor

yeah, I install a Apache Hive in ordinary way not using HDP. I try the way (you suggest) to start the HiveServer2, but it seems to generate the same error, when I use the Beeline command to show tables. Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Expert Contributor

@Lebron Jerry

Can you please run beeline with verbose i.e. beeline --verbose this will allow beeline to get DEBUG logs and can you please also look for the hiveserver2.log and hivemetastore.log for the potential cause of issue and send the logs as well.

Contributor

could you also confirm the versions of ranger and hive that is being used ?

New Contributor

ranger0.6 support hive version 2.1.0,pls check your hive version

hdp recommand hive version 2.1.0

New Contributor

thanks. I have solved this problem. if i use hive 1.2.1, there are some problem. but use hive 2.1.0, it's ok.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here