Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

how do I set up a SSH session to the real sandbox hdf instead of the sandbox host in Virtual Box?

Highlighted

how do I set up a SSH session to the real sandbox hdf instead of the sandbox host in Virtual Box?

New Contributor

I have a VirtualBox guest installed on my Windows 7 host, which is a hortonwork sandbox.

The sandbox is up and running as below:

LHjgv

From the output, it indicates using localhost:4200 to access it via SSH.

for localhost, in my hosts file it is defined as below:

192.168.2.29 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.2.29 sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox

So I use `192.168.2.29:4200` to access the host via SSH (in browser), however, it connects but showing from `172.18.0.2`, if I run **ifconfig**, it also shows `172.18.0.2` as the ip address. here is the screenshot:

9a6kL

here is the /tmp folder:

uPE6j
BUT, if I ssh into the `192.168.2.29` (Putty), I see different content in the /tmp folder:
xpQdD

**NOTE: Browser SSH shows a completely different content than Putty SSH**

If I attempt to Putty SSH to `172.18.0.2`, it will fail as below:

Ojecu

What is the real ip address? How can I connect to the guest via WinScp to the guest showing in **Browser SSH**?

VirtualBox guest's networking is set as Bridged, see below:

Tu8rs

Windows host networking is below:

[![enter image description here][7]][7]

SxpKg
If I attempted to SSH into 192.168.2.29:2222 as per old sandbox, I got rejected as below:

FDumV

So my question is: how do I set up a SSH session to the real sandbox hdf instead of the sandbox host?

Thank you very much.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here