Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

how to access HDFS files from Kerberized Namenode URL for an external application

how to access HDFS files from Kerberized Namenode URL for an external application

Explorer
Hello All !

I have a question after enabling Kerberos on my CDH 5.10 Cluster.  I am using the Cloudera express edition. Our applications used to access HDFS using namenode URL http://IP:50070 but after kerberos the Namenode URL is authenticated. 
Even with a proper TGT or a valid kerberos prinicipal I am not able to access the Namenode URL nor using Curl command. I am getting authentication error. 
With a proper Kinit of a user , Kerberos is perfectly working fine listing hdfs files only for users or Prinicpals that are in the KDC and denying access for all other users.

My Question : how do I make external programs or applications or users access HDFS files in a kerberized cluster with a defined user on KDC by using Namenode URL .

Please help to understand if hdfs files can be still accessed using Namenode URL after kerberization or there is another way for applications to access the HDFS files externally.

The basic idea is to work with HDFS files externally on a Kerberized Cluster

awaiting solutions.  I tried everything possible out there ,not sure what is missing 

Thank you !