Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

how to import hadoop keys to Ranger KMS?

Highlighted

how to import hadoop keys to Ranger KMS?

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to migrate the Hadoop KMS keys to Ranger KMS using the importJCEKSKeys.sh provided under Ranger KMS using the command --> ./importJCEKSKeys.sh /user/kms.keystore jceks

However, when I issue the command, I am getting the following error -->

ERROR RangerKeyStore - Unable to load keystore file java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

at com.sun.crypto.provider.JceKeyStore.engineLoad(JceKeyStore.java:865)

at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1445)

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.RangerKeyStore.engineLoadKeyStoreFile(RangerKeyStore.java:498)

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.JKS2RangerUtil.doImportKeysFromJKS(JKS2RangerUtil.java:94)

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.JKS2RangerUtil.main(JKS2RangerUtil.java:70)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to import keys from [/user/kms.keystore] due to exception.

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.JKS2RangerUtil.doImportKeysFromJKS(JKS2RangerUtil.java:108)

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.JKS2RangerUtil.main(JKS2RangerUtil.java:70)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

at

org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.RangerKeyStore.engineLoadKeyStoreFile(RangerKeyStore.java:546)

at org.apache.hadoop.crypto.key.JKS2RangerUtil.doImportKeysFromJKS(JKS2RangerUtil.java:94)

... 1 more

But I am able to list the keys successfully with out any issues, using the keytool.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: how to import hadoop keys to Ranger KMS?

@Madhavi Amirneni

What version of Java do you have installed? This might be a problem with Jave 8 changing supported encryption techniques. This became an issue past 1.8.0_71, I believe.

Re: how to import hadoop keys to Ranger KMS?

New Contributor

@emaxwell,

I am using -- openjdk version "1.8.0_45". So for things to work, which java version should we using or switching to?

Would it work if I just switch it use during the key migration and then switch it back?

Is there any other way to solve this issue?