Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to retrieve the deleted zeppelin notebooks in 0.8.0 version

Contributor

Hi Team,

Is it possible to retrieve deleted zeppelin notebooks in 0.8.0 version (HDP 3.0.1) ,if its possible please suggest how to do.

Regards,

Rajendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

@rajendra babu From hdp 2.6.3 zeppelin store notebooks under hdfs location: /user/zeppelin/notebook/ , as you have deleted notebook you can re-store it from trash.

Check if that notebook exists under trash directory or not

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Contributor

@Felix Albani Hi Felix, could you please advise us on this.

Hi @rajendra babu,

are you saving your notebooks in local storage? if that's the case, unfortunately, we cannot do anything here

you can save the notebooks other than local storage referring to this help: https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0/setup/storage/storage.html#notebook-storage-in-zeppelinhub

This will help you recover the notebooks if you are using GIT, MongoDB or zeppelinhub.

It is recommended to have 2 notebook repo so that you have at least another copy of your note.

@scharan any views on this ?

Contributor

Thank you @Akhil S Naik for supporting.

Master Collaborator

@rajendra babu From hdp 2.6.3 zeppelin store notebooks under hdfs location: /user/zeppelin/notebook/ , as you have deleted notebook you can re-store it from trash.

Check if that notebook exists under trash directory or not

Contributor

Hi @scharan,

Great Job!

Its working fine for me, may i know how much time trash is holds the deleted notebooks.

Master Collaborator
@rajendra

check fs.trash.interval time in hdfs , files deleted completely after the trash interval time. you can restore before trash.interval time

Contributor

@scharan i have checked fs.trash.interval is 360 minutes so can we increase this time interval if yes what was the range.

Contributor

@scharan I have deleted my notebook on 03-01-19 at 18:00 with respect to my cluster configuration fs.trash.interval is 360minutes i.e., 6hours even though after 15hours Trash still holds my deleted notebooks.

Any help on this.