Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

i am facing the issue in load records in an hive managed table in sandbox

New Contributor

Ending in the issues No files matching path file:/home/hive/flightdelays_clean/part-v000-o000-r-0000

and my syntax is 'load data local inpath 'flightdelays_clean/part-v000-o000-r-00000' into table flightdelaysm;'

But i dont find the /home directory in files view in sandbox

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @senthil Ekanathan

From the file name I could see that the file is in HDFS and not in your local directory.

hadoop fs -ls /home/hive/flightdelays_clean/ --> run this command and check whether the expected file is present.

If the file is present then 'load data local inpath 'flightdelays_clean/part-v000-o000-r-00000' into table flightdelaysm' run this command in hive. Hope It helps!

New Contributor

Thanks for the Reply bala !!!

I dont find home directory in hdfs ,but hive load expects the file from this directory by default ,please advise

@senthil Ekanathan

Could you provide the complete file path along with file name when using load inpath command in hive. In the command which you have provided doesnt contain the complete path of the file.

Yes by default hive will expect the file to be present in its home directory. If the file is present in other directory then you have mention the complete path when loading it.

Load data inpath '<complete path>filename.txt' into table tabl_name --> if the file is present in HDFS

Load data local inpath '<complete path>filename.txt' into table tabl_name --> if the file is present in local server

; ;