Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

i am unable to login in ambari with username:admin and password :admin

i am unable to login in ambari with username:admin and password :admin

New Contributor

i am running sandbox on vmware worsktation . the moment i enter url 127.0.0.1:8080 ,the login page comes where by entering username as admin and password as admin ,it is showing the following message, "Unable to connect to Ambari Server. Confirm Ambari Server is running and you can reach Ambari Server from this machine."

HELP

15 REPLIES 15

Re: i am unable to login in ambari with username:admin and password :admin

@Rajat Sharma

ambari-server start

Please run the above once you are in the vm

New Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal thanks for answering but i am still getting the same problem.

@rajdip chaudhuri ambari-server status ...whats the output?

By default 8080 is open but please make sure that 8080 is included in port forwarding

Hi @Rajat Sharma

Pls follow below steps to debug-

1. ambari-server status [it should show running. if not pls trigger - #ambari-server start]
  2. # netstat -taupen |grep 8080 [<- this should display ambari server is 'Listen' on port 8080 as shown below ]

2191-screen-shot-2016-02-17-at-83352-am.png [Note: 192.168.0.103 is my local ipaddress of Sandbox]

3. Check ambari logs - # /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log. Once ambari-server is started you should be able to see below sample lines in logs -

2192-screen-shot-2016-02-17-at-83641-am.png

4. Please check if firewall is stop - #service iptables stop #chkconfig iptables --list

5. Check if selinux is disabled #sestatus

6. If you are browsing from your local machine[windows/linux] -> http://127.0.0.1:8080 - do make sure there should not be firewall rules blocking the ip address on your machine.

Let us know if you are still not able to resolve this.

Highlighted

New Contributor
@Sagar Shimpi

thanks for answering , i ran netstat command the way you mentioned . please check the attachement for any discrepancy.snap.png

I see from the snap that ambari port is running. Pls do check below command

1. From local system/machine [windows/linux/mac] try issuing below command - # telnet 127.0.0.1 8080 It should display output as shown below -

2316-screen-shot-2016-02-22-at-15711-pm.png

-- If you see ouput as shown above it means the ambari port is open and you should be able to access it via your local machine browser.

Pls do paste logs here - "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log"

In addition can you pls check this too -

1. Go to Virtual Machine -> Settings -> Network 2. Click on "Port Forwarding" and check if you able to see ports with respective IP. Below is my machine sample screenshot -

2341-screen-shot-2016-02-23-at-34820-pm.png

@Rajat Sharma Can you please accept best answer if the issue is resolved.

New Contributor

@Sagar Shimpi I have same problem as mentioned by Rajat, and my telnet shows connection failed. I will be glad if you can help me in resolving.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here