Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

i created the jar file using eclipse with scala plugins. I tried running it with spark-submit, and it throws the class not fount exception. what does it means?

i created the jar file using eclipse with scala plugins. I tried running it with spark-submit, and it throws the class not fount exception. what does it means?

Explorer

[hdfs@sandbox root]$ spark-submit --class SparkWordCount --master local /usr/akila/spark-application/wordcount.jar java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SparkWordCount

6 REPLIES 6

Re: i created the jar file using eclipse with scala plugins. I tried running it with spark-submit, and it throws the class not fount exception. what does it means?

Make sure that the class in the jar is called "SparkWordCount"

Re: i created the jar file using eclipse with scala plugins. I tried running it with spark-submit, and it throws the class not fount exception. what does it means?

Explorer

wordcount.jar is jar file created by eclipse from SparkWordCount.scala.

Rising Star

it means your SparkWordCount class is not found in the jar.

Rising Star

verify if the class exists.

jar tvf /usr/akila/spark-application/wordcount.jar

@AKILA VEL

I believe you need to specify the full class name including it's package name, you can check full class name using below command.

bash# tar xvf wordcount.jar|grep -i SparkWordCount

once you get full class name then just mention it in --class option ( like --class com.example.test.SparkWordCount)

@AKILA VEL

Please let me know if this issue got resolved after executing my suggested changes or not.