Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

i installed ambari-server as non root user, but services are not staring root user only, how can i add non root user for ambari-services and how to start the services? Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to host

i installed ambari-server as non root user, but services are not staring root user only, how can i add non root user for ambari-services and how to start the services? Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to host

Explorer

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: i installed ambari-server as non root user, but services are not staring root user only, how can i add non root user for ambari-services and how to start the services? Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to host

@prswamy t

Are you running ambari-server or ambari-agent as non-root? If you're running ambari-server as non-root, going through the "ambari-server setup" command and changing the username is all you should need to do as long as the user you select is part of the hadoop group.

If you're running the ambari-agent as non-root as well, there are a number of lines that need to be added to your /etc/sudoers file to make sure that the agent can run the commands to start, stop, and check all processes.

Here is the documentiaton for setting up the ambari-agent:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.1.0/bk_Ambari_Security_Guide/content/_how_to_con...

Highlighted

Re: i installed ambari-server as non root user, but services are not staring root user only, how can i add non root user for ambari-services and how to start the services? Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to host

Explorer

i installed the ambari-server and ambari-agent as non-root, but ambari-server & agent are running root only, after starting the ambari-server& agent, the components services are not running, it's giving connection failed [Error 111] Connection refused

3393-mpucx.png

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here