Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Highlighted

i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Explorer

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Hi @prswamy t, you can move the binaries to another disk, let's say /disk1, for example as root

mkdir /disk1/hdp
cp -av /usr/hdp/* /disk1/hdp     # optional
rm -r /usr/hdp
ln -s /disk1/hdp /usr/hdp

And now you can try to reinstall HDP. Note that copy of already installed binaries is optional, if you have already installed a lot of stuff, and if you are using repos on the Internet.

Highlighted

Re: i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Explorer

Hii Predrag, I don't want to reinstall again, how can i do configuration without reinstalling

Highlighted

Okay, then do all 4 steps above, including the optional one, and please note, I edited the flags for cp, to copy symbolic links correctly. It will be good to stop the cluster while you are doing it.

Highlighted

Was the move/copy successful? What's the output of

ls -l /usr/hdp
ls -l /usr/hdp/
ls -l /usr/hdp/current
ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client
ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/

Explorer

after moving to other disk path , i mistakenly changes the ownership recursively for hdp directory, not starting now, how can i change again owner ship for all the services as default i don't remember what is the default user:group, please let me know who is the user:group for the this services(HDFS, MapReduce2, YARN, Tez, Hive, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Zookeeper, Ambari Metrices, Spark)

Highlighted

"cd /usr/hdp" and then run "chown -R root:root ." After that, "cd 2.x.x.x" (your HDP version number) and do "chown -R hive:hive hive-hcatalog" and "chown -R oozie:oozie oozie/tomcat-deployment/".

Highlighted

Yes, I understand. Try to run the above chown commands.

Highlighted

Explorer

i done whatever you said, and restarted the ambari-server and agent, but i unable to start the services plz help me

3254-err2.png

Highlighted

Have you run chown commands (as root)? After that check that ownership has changed (using ls) and retry.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here