Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Highlighted

Re: i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

Explorer

yeah, i run the commands as root, what is the user:group for the this services(HDFS, MapReduce2, YARN, Tez, Hive, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Zookeeper, Ambari Metrices, Spark)

Highlighted

Re: i installed hortonworks, there is no space on root disk, i want to point out the external disk for /usr/hdp how can i move and configure to external disk location

After running chown commands do you see the following:

$ ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root      4096 2016-03-14 14:26 bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     12288 2016-03-14 14:10 client
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        25 2016-04-07 08:57 conf -> /etc/hadoop/2.4.0.0-169/0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root      4096 2016-03-14 14:08 etc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     17366 2016-02-10 06:44 hadoop-annotations-2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169.jar
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        40 2016-03-14 14:08 hadoop-annotations.jar -> hadoop-annotations-2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     71534 2016-02-10 06:44 hadoop-auth-2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169.jar

All owners:groups should be root:root.

Highlighted

Explorer

3266-err3.png

all owners and group are root

Highlighted

Well, now it should be okay. Can you go to Ambari, try to start only Zookeeper and attach the stderr log if it doesn't work. Restart ambari-agent and ambari-server one more time beforehand.

Highlighted

Explorer

not started zookeeper its giving an error:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-2352.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/after-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 37, in <module>
    AfterInstallHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/after-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 31, in hook
    setup_hdp_symlinks()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/after-INSTALL/scripts/shared_initialization.py", line 44, in setup_hdp_symlinks
    hdp_select.select_all(version)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/hdp_select.py", line 122, in select_all
    Execute(command, only_if = only_if_command)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 158, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 121, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 238, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh /usr/bin/hdp-select set all `ambari-python-wrap /usr/bin/hdp-select versions | grep ^2.4.0.0-169 | tail -1`' returned 1. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hdp-select", line 379, in <module>
    printVersions()
  File "/usr/bin/hdp-select", line 236, in printVersions
    result[tuple(map(int, versionRegex.split(f)))] = f
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'hdp'
ERROR: set command takes 2 parameters, instead of 1

usage: hdp-select [-h] [<command>] [<package>] [<version>]

Set the selected version of HDP.

positional arguments:
  <command>   One of set, status, versions, or packages
  <package>   the package name to set
  <version>   the HDP version to set

optional arguments:
  -h, --help  show this help message and exit
  -r, --rpm-mode  if true checks if there is symlink exists and creates the symlink if it doesn't

Commands:
  set      : set the package to a specified version
  status   : show the version of the package
  versions : show the currently installed versions
  packages : show the individual package names
Highlighted

Well, something seems to be odd with your install, what does "/usr/bin/hdp-select versions" returns? If it returns nothing then the install was not successful, and you need to reinstall. Was the initial install successful? Was the cluster running before you moved /usr/hdp?

Explorer

3272-err4.png

before moving the server run successfully, after moving the server also run sucessfully, i have to change one direcotry, by mistakenly i changed the chown for hdp directory also in my external disk, then on wards not staring the services

Highlighted

Can you "cd /usr/hdp" and do "ls -l". I remember you had one more link to /usr/hdp there (it seems you removed that comment). Remove that link: rm <link-name>. In the /usr/hdp directory you can have only "current" and directories named as numbered versions like 2.4.0.0.-169, nothing else. Your problem now is that "hdp-select versions" cannot locate your HDP version, because of that extra file in /usr/hdp. Also, please consider to upvote/accept answers that were helpful to you, both for this question and you other question. Tnx!

Highlighted

Explorer

sorry, i can't remove the comment i edit the comment and remove the jpg only, may i know how to remove rm<link-name>? i can't understanding what i have to do next step, plz help me?

3291-err5.png

i check the cd /usr/hdp and ls -l also and once again done the chown or hive and oozie, and restarted the ambari, but not starting the services

Highlighted

Okay do this

hdp-select versions     # this should fail with error
rm /usr/hdp/hdp      # this file is causing troubles
hdp-select versions    # this should now work and return 2.4.0.0-169

After this start services from Ambari.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here