Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

if I update a property in my custom properties file, will nifi automatically pick up the changes or do I have to restart the nifi service or the processors ?

Solved Go to solution

if I update a property in my custom properties file, will nifi automatically pick up the changes or do I have to restart the nifi service or the processors ?

New Contributor

I want to run Nifi in different environments like dev, staging and production. I am planning to use custom properties because if I copy flow.xml.gz, it needs nifi to be restarted.

Is there any way when I update custom properties file, Nifi picks up the changes automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: if I update a property in my custom properties file, will nifi automatically pick up the changes or do I have to restart the nifi service or the processors ?

@Jatin Kheradiya

Currently, when any changes are made to the nifi.properties file, NiFi does need to be restarted.

There are new features coming in future releases that will not require a restart of NiFi.

1 REPLY 1

Re: if I update a property in my custom properties file, will nifi automatically pick up the changes or do I have to restart the nifi service or the processors ?

@Jatin Kheradiya

Currently, when any changes are made to the nifi.properties file, NiFi does need to be restarted.

There are new features coming in future releases that will not require a restart of NiFi.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here