Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

impala unexpected exited

Highlighted

impala unexpected exited

Expert Contributor

CDH version: CDH6.2.0

unexpected exited happended near 5 times recently. i have checked the impalad log, it seems no useful log to find out root cause. later, i have used core dump function.

but how to analyze these core dumps ? it seems these file is binary file. does Cloudera provide releated tool to open it ?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: impala unexpected exited

Guru
Hi,

Checking core dump contains quite a lot of steps and the tool you need is gdb. This will require some knowledge on C++.

If you have Cloudera subscription, I advise you to open Cloudera Support ticket to get help.

Is there any other logs under impala's server log directory that might be useful? There should be a crash log with name like below:

hs_err_pid18264.log

And impala should also log crash message like below:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000000000cc3405, pid=18264, tid=140630771586816
#
# JRE version: 7.0_25-b15
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.25-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [impalad+0x8c3405] impala::AnalyticEvalNode::GetNext(impala::RuntimeState*, impala::RowBatch*, bool*)+0x3f5
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/22086-impala-IMPALAD/hs_err_pid18264.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

Above just example, so you can try to search "A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment" in your Impala log to see if there is any such messages and collect the crash log first.

Cheers
Eric
Don't have an account?