Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

import .txt remote file's content to postgredb to compare info with existing table on NIFI

Highlighted

import .txt remote file's content to postgredb to compare info with existing table on NIFI

New Contributor

Hello all,

I am getting started with NiFi (also in this community!), and would like to enquiry about a possible solution for a complex flow.

What I need is to get some codes from a .txt file that will be placed in a FTP server, cross those codes with info contained in a Postgre db and generate a new .txt with new information. Which would be the best way of doing it? I thought about a possible way (sorry if is not the best option but it is only days since I knew this tool):

-Get .txt file from FTP server, which content comes with no headers and separated by ';', like for example:

809004535;4.4

128928198;4.1

and so on. The next part is the complicated one. I would need somehow to :

-Create a table in a database and import the content of the ftp file to it.

-After that I would cross the information with some specific queries to get the results that I want.

-I would create a new file with the queries output and I would send it by email.

The special characteristic is that db and nifi are located into diff containers as we are working with docker solutions.

Could it be feasible? Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance, I would appreciate any ideas.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here