Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

install Service Monitor

Explorer

I ran into an error when installin CDH-5 from CM-5 and it appears that Service Monitor did not get installed. Is there a way to install Service Monitor or do I have to start all over again??

Also, If I have to start all over then is there a simple way to uninstall CDH-5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi,

You don't need to reinstall everything. There is provision to configuration service/role of Service Monitor (or any new role/service) you wanted to configure.

To install and configure Service Monitor go to "Management Services" service than click on Instances tab. Instances tab page is having Add button in it. You need to click on that Add button and follow the steps to configure Role/Services for installation and configuration of Service Monitor which has been missed somehow during your installation.

Do let me know in case you need further help on same.

Regards,
Chirag Patadia.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi,

You don't need to reinstall everything. There is provision to configuration service/role of Service Monitor (or any new role/service) you wanted to configure.

To install and configure Service Monitor go to "Management Services" service than click on Instances tab. Instances tab page is having Add button in it. You need to click on that Add button and follow the steps to configure Role/Services for installation and configuration of Service Monitor which has been missed somehow during your installation.

Do let me know in case you need further help on same.

Regards,
Chirag Patadia.

Explorer

Actually I discovered there is an icon next to Status on home page (looks like a clipboard edit image) that had the add management services in the drop down when I clicked it. This worked for me. Thanks.