Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

installation of clients in the cluster

installation of clients in the cluster

Explorer

I want to install clients for the spark and spark2 in all the nodes services are already installed .

can some one help me to the procedure how to achieve the above purpose .

when I click on the service tab and then I see services option but I can not proceed further ., since all services are pre-selected .

I want to install clients in all nodes . please help me on this

Thanks in advacne

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: installation of clients in the cluster

@Shyam Mishra,

You can use the ambari REST api to install the clients

# Install Spark2 client
curl -k -u {ambari-username}:{ambari-password} -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X PUT -d '{"HostRoles": {"state": "INSTALLED"}}' http://{ambari-host}:{ambari-port}/api/v1/clusters/{clustername}/hosts/{hostname}/host_components/SP...

# Install Spark client
curl -k -u {ambari-username}:{ambari-password} -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X PUT -d '{"HostRoles": {"state": "INSTALLED"}}' http://{ambari-host}:{ambari-port}/api/v1/clusters/{clustername}/hosts/{hostname}/host_components/SP...

Note: Replace the place holders before running the curl command.{hostname} should be replaced with the hostname where the client is being installed.

-Aditya

Highlighted

Explorer

@Aditya Sirna

Thanks Aditya , but is there a way instead of rest api , clients can be installed with the help of ambari .

Highlighted

@Shyam Mishra,

You can also do it from ambari GUI, but it would be a tedious task if you have many nodes. Heres how you can do it from ambari.

Click on Hosts in the top toolbar in ambari. Select the host where you want to install the client. Click on the Add button in the components tab. Select Spark client /Spark2 client. Please refer the screenshot.

64657-screen-shot-2018-03-17-at-81053-am.png

If the client is already installed on the node, you will not see the Spark client in the add menu.

If this helped resolve the issue, please accept the answer by clicking the Accept button. This will be helpful for other community users.

-Aditya