Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

integrate ldap to impala

Highlighted

integrate ldap to impala

Explorer

Hi,i must say my english is bad,thanks all for my issule:

I had already integrate ldap to impala ,everytime i input impala-shell -l -u root , It will prompt me password。

My question comes:I want to integrate password to the console like this  impala-shell -l -u root -p root,

i read the document of impala ,it tells me with a argument as  --ldap_password_cmd,but i really dont know how to input it's value ,can anyone tell me ?

thaks very much!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: integrate ldap to impala

The argument should be a shell command that prints the password. E.g. if you store the password in /home/example/ldap_password.txt

--ldap_password_cmd='cat /home/example/ldap_password.txt'

Explorer
Thanks for your reply ,i try it ,but it still can't connect to impala.
Highlighted

Explorer
i am sure my password is correct.
Highlighted

Explorer
my program like this : impala-shell -i tl006-hp.novalocal:21000 -l -u impala --ldap_password_cmd='cat /bd/a.txt' --auth_creds_ok_in_clear in a.txt ,it only has plm. plm is the password,need i do other things? thanks
Highlighted

Rising Star
Be sure that 'a.txt' doesn't include a trailing newline or other whitespace.

Maybe try --ldap_password_cmd='echo ' first?
Highlighted

Explorer
oh my god thanks very much : i m sure my txt file dont contain any wrong character.so i use 'echo' like this : impala-shell -i tl006-hp.novalocal:21000 -l -u plm --ldap_password_cmd='echo -n plm' --auth_creds_ok_in_clear its success!! thanks ,but if i can say this is a bug? take password on txt file.
Highlighted

Rising Star
What does wc -c /bd/a.text say?
Highlighted

Explorer
it say: Starting Impala Shell using LDAP-based authentication Error connecting: TTransportException, TSocket read 0 bytes *********************************************************************************** Welcome to the Impala shell. Copyright (c) 2015 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. (Impala Shell v2.5.0-cdh5.7.4 (c3ad9b9) built on Tue Sep 20 15:51:14 PDT 2016) Press TAB twice to see a list of available commands. *********************************************************************************** \nLDAP authentication is enabled, but the connection to Impala is not secured by TLS. ALL PASSWORDS WILL BE SENT IN THE CLEAR TO IMPALA. [Not connected] > i want to accept your answer but my google browser not support this page.sorry
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here