Kafka Connect Setup:
- Download the Confluent-Kafka tar for Confluent:
2. Untar the package and copy the '/share' folder under '/usr/hdp/hdp_version_/kafka/' folder
3. update the CLASSPPATH with jars files location, in my case its '/usr/hdp/188.8.131.52-91/kafka/share/java'
4. Make appropriate changes to 'connect-distributed' & 'connect-standalone' property files under /etc/kafka/hdp_version/0/
5. I added 'quickstart-hdfs.properties' under '/etc/kafka/hdp_version/0/' which includes topic names,topics dirs,flush size etc.
6. Run a test job with these changes and worked for me.
**Attaching a template of quickstart hdfs properties file.quickstart-hdfs.txt