Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

kerberos configuration without AD/LDAP

kerberos configuration without AD/LDAP

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I want to provide user authentication and resource/service authority to my cluster. I do not have LDAP server. I want to use Kerberos for my cluster security. How can I configure and start using kerberos without LDAP ?

I have followed this link but i don't what is next step ? How can i integrate kerberos with Ambari ?

For now i am trying on sandbox HDP 2.6.5.

Thanks,

Heta

2 REPLIES 2

Re: kerberos configuration without AD/LDAP

@heta desai

Be sure you have Installed and Configured your KDC and have prepared the JCE on each host in the cluster.
Click “Enable Kerberos” to launch the wizard.

It's easiest to follow these instructions:
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.2.0/bk_ambari-security/content/optional_install...

Followed by:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.2.0/bk_ambari-security/content/enabling_kerbero...

Re: kerberos configuration without AD/LDAP

Expert Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep

After downloading jce8 i am not able to unzip it. It shows below error:

Archive:  jce_policy-8.zip                                                                                                                                              
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not                                                                                                
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the                                                                                                
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on                                                                                                
  the last disk(s) of this archive.                                                                                                                                     
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of jce_policy-8.zip or                                                                                                     
        jce_policy-8.zip.zip, and cannot find jce_policy-8.zip.ZIP, period.

I am using this doc.