Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ldap coniguration

Highlighted

ldap coniguration

Explorer

Hi

How to know what services in Hadoop using ldap? I need that ldap configuration file to see the port number. please assist

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: ldap coniguration

Expert Contributor

@saihadoop I am little bit unsure what LDAP config file you wants to see.

Though to answer you question which services can support LDAP mechanism in CDH you can see the doc below. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/sg_auth_overview.html#concept_fjp_h...

Few components is like:

- Cloudera Manager

- Cloudera Navigator Metadata Server

- Hue

- Hive

- Impala

- Solr

Also to check configuration related with LDAP in CDH services you can just go to service > Configuration > From Category select External Authentication. Here you can see all LDAP related parameters.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for your response

Our support team is working on securing our Active Directory environment by enabling LDAP over a secure connection (SSL) In recent reports on incoming unsecured connections to our Domain Controllers and they found several of them coming from d1i-hdp-srv01, s1i-hdp-srv01 and p1i-hdp-srv02.(dev,stg,prod)

They need this information to test and reconfigure those environments to use LDAPs. specifically the user or directory services management.

Highlighted

Explorer

I do not see an external authentication option. please help

ldap.PNG

Expert Contributor

@saihadoop This depends on service. In this case you can select the security filter and search for LDAP in search bar.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here