Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

login denied in creating DBCPConnection pool in Nifi

Highlighted

login denied in creating DBCPConnection pool in Nifi

Rising Star

Hi,

I would like to create a DBCPConnection pool in Nifi but it gives me the logon error. Since I tested the connection outside of Nifi and it works fine, i assume the password the I enter somehow won't been used while Nifi wants to create the connection.

(please find the attachmen

FYI: I also added the jdbc libaray int the /lib folder.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: login denied in creating DBCPConnection pool in Nifi

Hello @Sanaz Janbakhsh

I've recently created a DBCPConnection pool for Oracle without any issue. I used ojdbc7.jar though.

Googled with "ORA-01017" and found following stackoverflow thread, it maybe worth to look at:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14476875/ora-01017-invalid-username-password-when-connecting-to-...

Thanks,

Koji

Rising Star

Could you please let me know where did you add the jar file?

I added in it in /usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/ojdbc6.jar and then restart nifi but still doesn't work and it complains that it cannot load the driver.

Any thought?

Hi @Sanaz Janbakhsh

DBCPConnectionPool has 'Database Driver Location(s)' property and you can specify JDBC driver jar there.

Please try setting '/usr/hdf/current/nifi/lib/ojdbc6.jar' at 'Database Driver Location(s)' property of your DBCPConnectionPool.