Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

mergecontent adding 2 new lines

Highlighted

mergecontent adding 2 new lines

Contributor

43460-1.png

43461-2.png

43462-3.png

Hi All,

We have 4 listenudp processor feeding to mergecontent proocessor. I have 2 mergecontent in series.and then puthdfs.

The mergecontent processor is adding sometime 2 new lines. any suggestions please, We need no new lines just the end of line after each message

In order to debug this, I changed the property in to delimier strategy to text and demaractor nothing

the configs are shown in pictures attached

any help

Thanks

Dheeru

4 REPLIES 4

Re: mergecontent adding 2 new lines

Contributor

@Matt Clarke @Shu please advise Thanks Dheeru

Expert Contributor

Please verify your source files for any new lines at the end. Best will be to open the queue and copy the content to a notepad, sometime using Nifi web reader is not ideal.

Alternatively you can use a ReplaceText processor to strip out any new lines.

Contributor

@Umair Khan Thanks a lot for the response, I appreciate it, unfortunately I cannot use RelaceText processor, and no he new line is not coming from source any suggestions Thanks

Dheeru

Contributor

This is beaucse I am batching the messages for better throughput, the Batch Messaging Delimiter is \n (by default) is there anyway I can get rid of this. and help or ideas without using replacetext processor

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here