Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

metron --errors while running vagrant up --provision

I have used ansible 2.0.0.2 only.I tried the command vagrant up --provision and the error is

5768-capture.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: metron --errors while running vagrant up --provision

please do reply

Explorer

@Tejaswi Palacharla

Hi Tejaswi,

The error that you witnessed would appear if the elasticsearch service goes down when the task is being executed by ansible. In that case the variable "result" won't be set appropriately.

Note :- I actually reproduced the error in my env by "stopping elasticsearch service" prior to the execution of task "TASK [metron_elasticsearch_templates : Wait for Index to Become Available]"

For providing any help with this issue I would like you to make the following changes and rerun the provisioning :-

Edit the file - load_templates.yml available in the location :- /metron-deployment/roles/metron_elasticsearch_templates/tasks

add the following line

- debug: var=result 

after

register: result

Refer attached screenshot as an example.

Considering you already have "node1" VM spun up please run the "metron" tag specific task :-

vagrant --ansible-tags="metron" --ansible-skip-tags="solr" provision

Please let me know the output/error from the debug message.

Regards,

neha

screen-shot-2016-07-14-at-23229-pm.png

It is the same error. Can u check it pls..

5793-capture.png

Hi,

just want to tell you that the node1 ip is different from sandboxbox ip. Attaching the screenshot. I sthis casing any error with the elasticsearch templates. still facing the problem I have mentioned above. Can I contact you in any possible way to solve the solution.

5800-capture.png

Thank you ,

Regards,

Explorer

Can you run metron-deployment/scripts/platform-info.sh? I fixed this issue by downgrading to the Vagrant version in the README, 1.8.1.