Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

minify not able to connect to Nifi - SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Highlighted

minify not able to connect to Nifi - SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Expert Contributor

HI All ,

I have configured minify agent on a remote server and have done the following :-

1. yml config file created.

2. SSL certificate created and keystore.jks & truststore.jks files present in the conf directory.

When I start the minify agent , it starts well but after a while I get the following error :-

2018-06-30 19:49:18,489 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-8] o.a.n.r.util.SiteToSiteRestApiClient Failed to get controller from https://******:8443/nifi-api due to javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

It seems like a SSL issue. Can anyone perhaps point me to the right direction here .

Many Many thanks

Abhinav @Shu @Geoffrey Shelton Okot

3 REPLIES 3

Re: minify not able to connect to Nifi - SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Contributor

@Abhinav Joshi

Could you please share below output

# openssl s_client -connect <nifi-fqdn>:8443

Re: minify not able to connect to Nifi - SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Expert Contributor

Hi @Rishi

Thanks for your response. Where do I need to run this.. From my Nifi Unix Server ?

Expert Contributor

Also just to add I am using the recommended versions. minifi 0.3 Vs Nifi 1.5. I understand that minifi 0.4 isnt compatible with Nifi 1.5 which is why I switched to minifi 0.3 . However the handshake failure still exists,

Any help here will be appreciated

@Shu

@Matt Clarke

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here