Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

my system and hdp Re: Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

my system and hdp Re: Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

New Contributor

Hi Team I am facing the same issue [as this previous thread] and problem is I don't have root access. Please help ...I checked my system and HDP server as well for above commands however, as not being root can't execute any of those....please help me on this

2 REPLIES 2

Re: my system and hdp Re: Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

Community Manager

Hi @Ankit0501 I moved your question to a new thread because originally you posted the above into the middle of a thread from back in January of 2017 that was already pretty unwieldy with multiple tangential questions in it. Are you actually using the HDP sandbox, and if so, can you tell us why you can't become the root user to run the commands in question?

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

Re: my system and hdp Re: Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

Mentor

@Ankit0501 

If you are running a sandbox  you will need to access the web shell

006.PNG

login as root with password hadoop  you will be prompted to change the password

reset_root.PNG

and  then thereafter as root  reset the ambari-admin

sandbox-hdp #ambari-admin-password-reset 

This will trigger some script executions in the background and restart the ambari server 
ambari.PNG

You should now be able to access ambari, please note for me I enabled only one NIC using bridged

Bridged3.PNG

so I could access my  splash welcome page through a  class C network i.e 192.168.0.248:1080  see attached screenshot

Bridged2.PNG

HTH