Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

namenode HA hanging

Highlighted

namenode HA hanging

Master Collaborator

I am on HDP2.5 , tried enabling HDFS - namenode HA , it asked me to run two scripts , enable safemode and take checkpoint, and both succeed but the HDP screen keeps saying 'waiting for checkpoint to complete' and the NEXT button is also not enabled to advance further, result is i am unable to enable namenode HA

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: namenode HA hanging

Master Collaborator

anyone please ? I am stuck with this issue . maybe its a gui issue , can changing the namenode HA be done on the command line? if yes can someone give me the steps ? I cant find it on HortonWorks site, they have the gui version .

Highlighted

Re: namenode HA hanging

Super Collaborator

@Sami Ahmad - I suggest restarting ambari-server and starting over in the browser, forcing no cahce -- e.g. in Chrome holding down the shift key while clicking the reload button. You may also need to kill all python scripts running as the ambari user when you restart ambari-server --- possibly ambari-agent.

If Ambari is managing your cluster, you need to use Ambari to enable HA. If you make cluster changes outside of Ambari, you will introduce inconsistencies.

If you continue to have issues, you should open a support ticket.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here