Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

need info how to create a new account at https://support.hortonworks.com in order to download smartsense pacakge

Expert Contributor

when install ambari , the error repeatedly asking for smartsense package, it is not in ambari.repo, and only can be downloaded from hortonworks.support.com, and it need account info.

I like to know how to create a new user account at this website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Robin Dong Which version of Ambari are you using? From Ambari 2.2 onwards, SmartSense rpm/deb packages are part of Ambari repo.

Are you directly connecting to public repo or do you have a local repo setup? If local, you may want to make sure that all packages from that repo are synced.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

@Robin Dong Which version of Ambari are you using? From Ambari 2.2 onwards, SmartSense rpm/deb packages are part of Ambari repo.

Are you directly connecting to public repo or do you have a local repo setup? If local, you may want to make sure that all packages from that repo are synced.

Expert Contributor

thank you for your reply.

1. I tried all conbination of AWS/EC2 RHEL 6. 7 and ambari 2.4, 2.2. I can not avoid smartsense error, also, the ambari.repo download have no smartsense included

2. in order to download smartsense, the account to hortonworks.support.com is needed, have no idea to create a new account on it

3. I need a combination of RHEL version and ambari version and HDP version from you in order not deal with smartsense, if you have one.

Meanwhile, I will try ambari.repo 2.2. hope I will not have issues with smartsense.

your help is greatly appreciated. best answer to you.

Expert Contributor

yes, the smartsense error is not showing any more. thank you so much for that.

Expert Contributor

still like to know the best combination of RHEL version and ambari.repo version. document says it will fit all, but different error comeup.