Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

nifi 0.6.1 getkafka processor error: cannot connect to kafka

Expert Contributor
ERROR 3491c89e-35c2-4443-a6b8-03303193629a

GetKafka[id=3491c89e-35c2-4443-a6b8-03303193629a] GetKafka[id=3491c89e-35c2-4443-a6b8-03303193629a] failed to process session due to java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to retrieve partitions for topic test: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to retrieve partitions for topic test

Please let me know if i need to more properties rather than just the default properties in getKafka processor. Please let me know. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
4 REPLIES 4

Can you describe what version of Kafka you're running. Have you been able to publish or consume messages from this topic?

Expert Contributor

@jwitt iam using kafka 0.10.0.0. Just wondering the GetKafka processor doest have kafka broker config property how does it connect to kafka. It has zookeper property and topic to connect to. Any more properties i need to add. With just the default properties iam unable to connect to kafka running locally. thanks.

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Expert Contributor

hi @kkawamura i have used the same parameters zookeeper url & port and also the topic name. I thought it was about kafka versions but my issue was network connection issues with zookeeper. But its resolved now. Thank you 🙂 However as you looked at the other question just wondering any suggestions on connecting to S3 from as iam getting permission issues as described in the other question. Thank you