Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

nifi production best practice

Contributor

Hi there, I have a best practice question, I have been developing few flows on our test nifi box.I have about 50 data sources, and hence I have created 50 process groups, so that I can enable /disable independent of others at any time, is this a good idea ?, and when we are production ready, I would like to create template, and export them to the production box.Please advice.

Thanks Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish by splitting the data ingest across so many process groups. While this does provide you with the ability to start and stop data ingest independently of one another, you now have to maintain each of these separate process groups which presents a different problem.

Ideally, you could create a few "templates" that you could leverage for all 50 of the data sources and only need to make changes to the templates rather than maintaining 50 different independent flows.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish by splitting the data ingest across so many process groups. While this does provide you with the ability to start and stop data ingest independently of one another, you now have to maintain each of these separate process groups which presents a different problem.

Ideally, you could create a few "templates" that you could leverage for all 50 of the data sources and only need to make changes to the templates rather than maintaining 50 different independent flows.

Contributor

thanks David, planning to create one template and done, as I see no advantage really of 50 templates