Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

no access audit found in ranger admin

no access audit found in ranger admin

Contributor

Am getting this error in ranger admin, any solutions?

NO access audit found!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: no access audit found in ranger admin

Highlighted

@AR - What version of Ranger are you on? If newer one, use Solr for audit. You need to install Solr on a node and point it to it.

Highlighted

Contributor

@Shivaji 0.5.0.2.3

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Please elaborate the issue to get some more details. Do you get this error in Ranger UI? What ranger Plugin you are exercising to get the access log? Can you check in xa_portal.log if any errors are there?

Highlighted

Contributor

@Ramesh Mani

Yes we get this error in ranger admin UI. its not showing access audit for any plugin .error.png

Highlighted

Contributor

@shivaji i already had a look at this...but in our install.properties is empty string for REPOSITORY_NAME.

The issue started after we change repository name in policy admin, not sure where should I change in install .props ?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Why is the repository name changed? Are you trying to enable the plugin from the start? You need to check the corresponding component conf folder i.e say for hdfs /etc/hadoop/conf look for the file ranger-hdfs-audit.xml , ranger-hdfs-security.xml, ranger-hdfs-security.xml. These files will have repository name and this should match with the changed one. We don't recommend to change the repository name after enabling the plugin.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here