Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

no segments* file found in NRTCachingDirectory(org.apache.solr.store.hdfs.HdfsDirectory..

no segments* file found in NRTCachingDirectory(org.apache.solr.store.hdfs.HdfsDirectory..

New Contributor

Hello,

I am getting the below error when I try to create the solr index.

Whenever I try to create any index, I am getting the same thing.

[cloudera@quickstart ~]$ solrctl collection --create TWITTER_FRIENDS
Error: A call to SolrCloud WEB APIs failed: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:38:44 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">
0</int>
<int name="QTime">
2007</int>
</lst>
<lst name="failure">
<str>
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:Error CREATEing SolrCore 'TWITTER_FRIENDS_shard1_replica1': Unable to create core: TWITTER_FRIENDS_shard1_replica1 Caused by: no segments* file found in NRTCachingDirectory(org.apache.solr.store.hdfs.HdfsDirectory@406c9ad4 lockFactory=org.apache.solr.store.hdfs.HdfsLockFactory@2fc4b2b3; maxCacheMB=192.0 maxMergeSizeMB=16.0): files: []</str>
</lst>

</response>

1 REPLY 1

Re: no segments* file found in NRTCachingDirectory(org.apache.solr.store.hdfs.HdfsDirectory..

Cloudera Employee

Hello - did you check the logs for any interesting exceptions?

This can happen in some cases when you end up in a situation where the index directory already exists but is empty (logs might help tell why that might have occured).

If you remove the empty index directory from hdfs and try again it should work. Or try a new creating the collection with a new collection name.

- Mark