Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

node registration failing

node registration failing

Master Collaborator

hadoop5.txthadoop3.txthadoop4.txthadoop2.txtI am reinstalling the cluster but I think iam doing something basic wrong , all node registration are failing with varying errors.

one step I am not sure is do I have to place HDP*.repo and HDP-UTILS*.repo in the /etc/yum.repos.d folder or does Ambari installation does it ?

also what do I have to do with this folder on the worker nodes ?

I am attaching the errorlogs for the nodes if you can please advise whats the issue iam facing.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: node registration failing

@Sami Ahmad

The error seems to be an issue with fetching the HDP repos, please check the repos and run below command from CLI.

yum clean all
yum -d 0 -e 0 -v install hadoop_2_5_3_0_37-yarn

If that package got installed then check proxy server while fetching repos. If this helps accept the answer.

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

tried but its not going through. do I have to setup proxy for ambari on each node ? or proxy for some other component on hadoop2 , hadoop3, hadoop4 , hadoop 5?

[root@hadoop2 ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Cleaning repos: HDP-2.5 HDP-2.5.0.0 HDP-2.5.0.0-1245 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.21 HDP-UTILS-2.5.0.0 HDP-UTILS-2.5.0.0-1245 Updates-ambari-2.4.3.0 base
              : centos-sclo-rh epel extras updates
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@hadoop2 ~]# yum -d 0 -e 0 -v install hadoop_2_5_3_0_37-yarn
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading "refresh-packagekit" plugin
Loading "security" plugin
Config time: 0.010
Yum Version: 3.2.29
rpmdb time: 0.000
Setting up Install Process
Setting up Package Sacks
Determining fastest mirrors
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 504 Gateway Timeout"
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
[root@hadoop2 ~]# ls /etc/yum.repos.d
ambari.repo       CentOS-Debuginfo.repo  CentOS-Media.repo        CentOS-Vault.repo  epel-testing.repo      HDP-2.5.0.0.repo  HDP-UTILS.repo
CentOS-Base.repo  CentOS-fasttrack.repo  CentOS-SCLo-scl-rh.repo  epel.repo          HDP-2.5.0.0-1245.repo  HDP.repo
[root@hadoop2 ~]#

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Sami Ahmad

You are getting:

14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 504 Gateway Timeout"

So suspecting that this might be a proxy issue.

Can you please check your "/etc/yum.conf" file and check if you have defined any proxy there? Also check if you are supposed to use that proxy or removing it works?

I see a similar thread here of yours with the same error which was resolved"

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/107325/installing-ambari-with-local-repository-and-no-in...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here