Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

nodemanager can not start with error 'Conflicting yarn extensions of key [spark_shuffle].'

nodemanager can not start with error 'Conflicting yarn extensions of key [spark_shuffle].'

Explorer

cdh version 5.7.6, cm version 5.7.2 

This morning, I was installing Livy on the cluster, changed some configuration, tried to restart the whole cluster, then the YARN service could not start, tried many times, and always reported errors, but I found all the configurations, and did not find spark_shuffle.

What happened?  can anyone help me ?

---error info ------

Start a role 
Role failed to start due to error com.cloudera.cmf.service.config.ConfigGenException: Conflicting yarn extensions of key [spark_shuffle].

3 REPLIES 3

Re: nodemanager can not start with error 'Conflicting yarn extensions of key [spark_shuffle].'

Expert Contributor

Hello @zbz,

This seems to be a known issue which was fixed on CM 5.8 and CDH 5.7.1. In your environment, please try to upgrade your CM version to 5.8.5, which was a stable version for CM 5.8.

Hope that helps.

Re: nodemanager can not start with error 'Conflicting yarn extensions of key [spark_shuffle].'

Explorer

thanks first.

I uninstall spark1, then install spark2.1,everything is OK

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hello @zbz,

It is nice to hear that.

A side node: CM version 5.7.6 is a stable release for CM 5.7. If you don't plan to upgrade to next major release then you may want to consider to upgrade to CM 5.7.6 version atleast.

Have a good day.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here