Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

nodemanagerfails to start

I am trying to start nodemanager but it is failing with error :

Caused by: EPERM: Operation not permitted

Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/nmPrivate Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/nmPrivate Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/nmPrivate Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/nmPrivate Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /var/run/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache Could not set permissions for local dir /opt/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache

i tried to change permission of all folder but when i start nodemanager from ambari its permission change to something diff

4 REPLIES 4

Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

Can you try restarting the nodemanger manually as the yarn user

# su - yarn 

Then

$ /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-yarn-nodemanager/sbin/yarn-daemon.sh start nodemanager

Please let me know

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

It started, basically there was permission issue in all directories mentioned above i have changed its ownership to yarn and set permission 755 .

Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

That's odd because during the installation the install process does set the correct permissions. If my hint helped you start the node manager then you could accept my answer. This could help other who encounter the same situation

Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

Could you please accept the answer as your node manager started. This could help other and also rewards members who promptly respond.