Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

oozie error handling flow

oozie error handling flow

I have an workflow where on error it should go to a specific action [ which will call external notification url] and on completion it should go back to the same action as path the <ok to=""> would have taken. i.e

<action cred="hs2-creds" name="query1">
<hive2 xmlns="uri:oozie:hive2-action:0.1"> ..... </hive> <ok to="query2"/> <error to="errorhandler"/> </action <action name="errorhandler> .... </action>

Now from the errorhandler action, it should go back to "query2". i.e to the "ok path" of the caller action.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: oozie error handling flow

Hmmm not sure there is a way to do that unless you have one error handling action for each action. I don't think there is a dynamic to based on inputs in oozie. So I think you would need to copy and paste your error handling action:

action1 ->action1.1

-> error1 -> action1.1

action2 -> action2.1

-> error2 -> action 2.1

and so on and so forth. Not very elegant I suppose though.

@Benjamin Leonhardi we did thought about this approach and but yeah we will endup with one errror handler per action.

Yeah you might be able to give the calling action name through as a parameter and then use a Switch to go to the correct action but it sounds like almost more work.

New Contributor

Anyone can suggest how we can do error handling in oozie??