Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

oozie failing with libpath under the workflow directory doesn't exist

Highlighted

oozie failing with libpath under the workflow directory doesn't exist

Rising Star

I am trying to run oozie workflowsin the cluster and keep running into this missing libpath error: 2016-08-05 12:49:50,403 WARN LiteWorkflowAppService:523 - SERVER[xxxx00691239901.aaa.com] USER[-] GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[-] ACTION[-] libpath [hdfs://xxxx00691239901.aaa.com:8020/user/bigframe/generic/oozie_dir/lib] does not exist Not sure where/how lib directory is created and what is it expected to contain? Please let me know if I'm missing any step.Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: oozie failing with libpath under the workflow directory doesn't exist

So the folder where you have your workflow.xml in ( in HDFS ) can optionally contain a sub directory lib. Any jar that is in that lib folder will be taken by oozie and added to the CLASSPATH of the application ( and any file will be added to the execution folder so you can access it ). But I have never seen an error when the folder does not exist.

How does you workflow look like? Also as said it should not be necessary but you could try creating a lib folder there to see if you get a more useful error message after.

Re: oozie failing with libpath under the workflow directory doesn't exist

Hi @Rajib Mandal

Workflow /lib is an optional thing and shouldn't cause job failure, however as per the message you posted it is a warning not error.

2016-08-05 12:49:50,403 WARN LiteWorkflowAppService:523 - SERVER[xxxx00691239901.aaa.com] USER[-] GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[-] ACTION[-] libpath [hdfs://xxxx00691239901.aaa.com:8020/user/bigframe/generic/oozie_dir/lib] does not exist

If your workflow is not running fine then probably we need to look deeper and find the exact error exception.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here