Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

oozie, falcon, storm, Solr

Contributor

After Enabling Kerberos I am not able to access some of the WEB UI's in Ambari: Any Suggestions Please

solr:

HTTP ERROR 403
Problem accessing /solr/. Reason:
    GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)

falcon :

HTTP ERROR: 403
Problem accessing /. Reason:
    org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationException: GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)

oozie:

HTTP Status 403 - org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationException: GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)
type Status report
message org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationException: GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)
description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.48

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Sam Red

I don't know whether you love firefox but, most members find the firefox config easier to setup.

Once you kerberise your cluster,to access the UI, you will need a valid ticket on your laptop to access these kerberised UI's. Below are instructions and links to explain how to enable you browser with kerberos authentication.

Is this what you are encountering

Configure Firefox to authenticate using SPNEGO and Kerberos

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/28537/user-authentication-from-windows-workstation-to-hd....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Sam Red

I don't know whether you love firefox but, most members find the firefox config easier to setup.

Once you kerberise your cluster,to access the UI, you will need a valid ticket on your laptop to access these kerberised UI's. Below are instructions and links to explain how to enable you browser with kerberos authentication.

Is this what you are encountering

Configure Firefox to authenticate using SPNEGO and Kerberos

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/28537/user-authentication-from-windows-workstation-to-hd....