Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

oozie jdbc jar

oozie jdbc jar

New Contributor

I've been trying to setup oozie with YARN on CDH5. I've done this on CDH4 without issues but I have some issue with the setup (through "Add service" for oozie). 

I've landed on the page to setup database connection (filled in required information) and when I "Test Connection", I get a "JDBC driver cannot be found. Unable to find the JDBC database jar on host" error. 

I'm using oracle DB. I have the jar in "/var/lib/oozie" (oozie user owns it with relaxed file permissions). I've also added the jar to "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.0-1.cdh5.4.0.p0.27/lib/oozie/lib/" but I can't get further. I could try looking through the script that runs for "Test Connection" if someone could point me to it. 

Only relevant log I found on CM server log is - "CommandPusher:com.cloudera.cmf.service.AbstractOneOffHostCommand Unsuccessful 'OozieTestDatabaseConnection'"

Could someone help me with this? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: oozie jdbc jar

New Contributor

I see that the JDBC jars path in the log does not include /var/lib/oozie.

I saw "+ JDBC_JARS=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/lib/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar".

So, I've added the jar to "/usr/share/cmf/lib/" to get it to work. But this is different from the official documented way.

Re: oozie jdbc jar

New Contributor
It helped me. Thank you!