Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

oozie rerun all actions in the path (including the succeded ones) from the aborted node

Highlighted

oozie rerun all actions in the path (including the succeded ones) from the aborted node

Expert Contributor

Hi, I have a workflow which has four actions like this

A -> B -> C (if success ok-to option)  

B -> D (if B fails error-to option)

When I run this workflow, A succeeds and B fails, so C is run and this succeeds.

When I rerun the workflow again, A is skipped (I have selected oozie.wf.rerun.failnodes = true in properties file)

Now B runs again and fails, this time during rerun, C does not run again since it succeeded in previous run.

I want C to run for every run B is failing. I tried oozie.wf.rerun.skip.nodes=,. This one causes all the actions to rerun again after failure. action A also executes again. I dont want this behaviour.

I want all actions in the work action path subsequent to failed actions to be rerun again when the failed action is rerun by resubmitting the workflow. (in this case since B is rerun, if this fails again I want C to run again irrespective of its status previous time.

Is there any way to achieve this functionality without splitting the workflow? ( B is a hive action and C is a email action, so every time B fails, I want email action to be triggered saying it failed and its error message)

Please suggest.

1 REPLY 1

Re: oozie rerun all actions in the path (including the succeded ones) from the aborted node

@R M can you paste your xml here? And it would be easier for us to inspect the flow and recommend you.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here