Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException in Nifi Hbase

Rising Star

Hi All,

I am getting error as org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException : Failed 1 action IO Exception.

We have Nifi flow which ingests JSON data into Hbase table 'test' . For this we have used Hbase client Service (HBase_1_1_2_ClientServiceId) to connect Hbase via Nifi Hbase Processor.The client connection works fine for sometime when flowfiles are flowing through the PuthbaseJSON,FetchHbaseRow and PutHbaseCell nifi processors . So Hbase nifi processor running and after 4 to 5 hours , if there is new flow file pass through that nifi processor , we see above error and for that i am doing workaround like disbaling Hbase clientService and Enabling the Controller Service manually 

Scenraio1 : If we establish the Hbase connection initially , we will be able to insert ,update and access the Hbase table.So this is working fine and we are keep on ingesting the JSON status into Hbase continuously.

Scenraio2 : If we are trying to insert JSON message into Hbase table after two hours through same Nifi flow , then we are getting the above error . Work around to ingest the JSON , I disable the Hbase client Controller service then Enabling the service . So the flow start ingesting the latest JSON.

We are having Nifi version 1.11.4. 

We have also found this issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7831

Please help for the solution and complete workaround ( there should not be any manual intervention ) to address this issue.

Thanks