Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms. in Kafka can someone please help me

Explorer

Hi ALL/team,

I am getting an error while producing messages

value: 3 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback) org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms.

Can someone help me here I am using sandbox

[root@sandbox-hdp kafka-logs]# sandbox-version Sandbox information: Created on: 01_02_2018_10_47_41 Hadoop stack version: Hadoop 2.7.3.2.6.4.0-91 Ambari Version: 2.6.1.0-143 Ambari Hash: 2989989d67edacff7e9db702b4cf0c080556dddc Ambari build: Release : 143 Java version: 1.8.0_161 OS Version: CentOS release 6.9 (Final) [root@sandbox-hdp kafka-logs]#

Please help me here

Thanks

Prosenjit

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi @Prosenjit Pramanick, Are you receiving this error message when using the console producer? If so, what command line are you using to run the console producer? If not, please try using the console producer to connect to Kafka to confirm that your brokers are working as expected:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.4/bk_command-line-installation/content/valida...

for more details on validating your Kafka cluster.

Thank you,

Jeff Groves

New Contributor

Hi @Prosenjit Pramanick is the issue reported by you is resolved?

can you help me how did you resolve the issue?